Meah Wrestling's Official Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meah Wrestling's Official Forums

www.meahwrestling.com

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your thoughts? [Lockdown Spoiler]

Go down 
+3
chiefstrongbow
Blaustifft
C. O'Hare
7 posters
AuthorMessage
C. O'Hare

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Your thoughts? [Lockdown Spoiler] Empty
PostSubject: Your thoughts? [Lockdown Spoiler]   Your thoughts? [Lockdown Spoiler] I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 7:05 pm

So what are everyone’s thoughts on Samoa Joe winning the TNA World Championship at Lockdown?

I'm actually kind of mixed on what I think, on one hand he has had it coming, but on the other he just seems so lazy and unwilling to try in TNA. I'm not saying Kurt Angle as World Champion is any better, but now Joe FINALLY has the gold; I'm hoping he begins to give it his all once again and have the matches I think he's capable of.

Then again, with Scott Steiner on the horizon; I won't keep my hopes up.
Back to top Go down
Blaustifft
Admin
Blaustifft

Number of posts : 421
Registration date : 2008-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts? [Lockdown Spoiler]   Your thoughts? [Lockdown Spoiler] I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 7:38 pm

He was always going to win with the stupulation of him leaving wrestling, I hate that stipulation in title matches, it's so obvious who'll win
Back to top Go down
chiefstrongbow
Admin
chiefstrongbow

Number of posts : 595

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts? [Lockdown Spoiler]   Your thoughts? [Lockdown Spoiler] I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 9:47 pm

it's all built up in TNA for Kurt to win the title back...cuz he's the main guy they have to try and " carry " the company....i hate to see it cuz he is a fuckin toss pot
Back to top Go down
http://www.meahvideos.co.nr
Bischy
Bischy

Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2008-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts? [Lockdown Spoiler]   Your thoughts? [Lockdown Spoiler] I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 11:54 pm

In the long run, Angle's gonna harm TNGay more than any Vince Russo storyline.

I just hope Joe getting the belt isn't just managements way of trying to keep Joe happy in the short term and just something for TNGay management to point to when Joe goes to bitch them out in a few months.

I still say those MENSA certified geniuses over at TNGAy will find some way to piss Joe off with all this and Joe will start to care even less about their shitty little company. Which is bad for TNGay, as Joe could have been one of their major foundations to carry the company for many years while Angle is just a aging flash in the pan for them.

For shame, TNGay, for shame.
Back to top Go down
White Lightning
Admin
White Lightning

Number of posts : 654
Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts? [Lockdown Spoiler]   Your thoughts? [Lockdown Spoiler] I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 12:25 pm

Well, just watched Lockdown last night and, I must say, I didn't enjoy it. Didnt think I would.

The Joe / Angle match was something I have seen all before. Its good to see Joe finally get a title but this should have happened a long time ago. It was just way to obvious that Joe was gonna' win. It took away from what a title match should be. Joe deserves better.
Back to top Go down
https://meahwrestling.darkbb.com
chiefstrongbow
Admin
chiefstrongbow

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts? [Lockdown Spoiler]   Your thoughts? [Lockdown Spoiler] I_icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 3:51 pm

he does deserve better......angle is a cocksucking fag
Back to top Go down
MoneyInc
MoneyInc

Number of posts : 79

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts? [Lockdown Spoiler]   Your thoughts? [Lockdown Spoiler] I_icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 11:55 pm

All correct, and Bischy in particular is right on the money.

Anyone else seeing the uncomfortable WCW parallels here. Homegrown talent being undervalued or outright buried in favor of aging ex-WWE stars?

I have drawn the comparison between Hogan and Angle before, and the more I see of Kurt, and the more I hear about him, it's almost scary how alike they are in certain ways.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/MoneyIncChannel
Bischy
Bischy

Number of posts : 215

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts? [Lockdown Spoiler]   Your thoughts? [Lockdown Spoiler] I_icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 10:20 pm

Former WWE talent getting a second run in TNA? Check

TNA's homegrown guys getting pushed aside/ignored in favor of the ex-WWE guys? Check.

Stable attempt to create a schism in TNA being lead by one of the top front-office guys in TNA? Check (S.E.X. in case y'all were wondering)

Re-doing/Re-using old WWE angles, badly? Check.

Hiring ex-WWE creative writers/bookers and letting them run wild and un-controlled/un-checked by any editor? Check.

Damn, it's WCW's mid/latter days all over again.....
Back to top Go down
chiefstrongbow
Admin
chiefstrongbow

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts? [Lockdown Spoiler]   Your thoughts? [Lockdown Spoiler] I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 1:08 pm

damn skippy....TnGay
Back to top Go down
ladymahogany

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts? [Lockdown Spoiler]   Your thoughts? [Lockdown Spoiler] I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 9:35 pm

Samoa Joe winning the championship was a long time coming and full deserved. I enjoyed his match against Angle and I thought it was the right thing to do to put him over. What people don't understand is that you can't just have anyone leading your company when you are as small and unimportant as TNA is compared to WWE. They needed Angle for the name recognition and tried to use him to bring in WWE fans. That's why any former WWE wrestlers are going to get a push in TNA - name recognition and fan cross-over, plain and simple. In the long run though, this will not be enough for TNA to stay afloat. They have to also push their own talent, which would include Samoa Joe. That way it's not completely WWE rehashed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenewworldorder.forumotion.co.uk
MoneyInc
MoneyInc

Number of posts : 79

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts? [Lockdown Spoiler]   Your thoughts? [Lockdown Spoiler] I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 1:13 am

ladymahogany wrote:
Samoa Joe winning the championship was a long time coming and full deserved. I enjoyed his match against Angle and I thought it was the right thing to do to put him over. What people don't understand is that you can't just have anyone leading your company when you are as small and unimportant as TNA is compared to WWE. They needed Angle for the name recognition and tried to use him to bring in WWE fans. That's why any former WWE wrestlers are going to get a push in TNA - name recognition and fan cross-over, plain and simple. In the long run though, this will not be enough for TNA to stay afloat. They have to also push their own talent, which would include Samoa Joe. That way it's not completely WWE rehashed.

You have a point, but your not looking hard enough at what's wrong with the TNA set-up.

Bringing in WWE stars for name recognition is one thing, but when they are being pushed as THE STARS at the expense of those who are established at TNA (e.g. AJ Styles, Samoa Joe etc.) it sends the message that WWE stars are superior to TNA stars, a message TNA should not be sending to TNA fans. The problem is worsened when said WWE stars are people like Angle (was a headliner but made out to be a comedy character for most of his tenure and always positioned as not quite in the same league as Stone Cold, The Rock, Triple H, Undertaker etc.) or Jarrett (a second-tier star for all of his WWE career, and only has his push because he is a part-owner).

Push these guys, certainly. But use them to build talent you already have. By letting established WWE guys achieve the success in TNA that eluded them in WWE you reinforce the idea that TNA is a lesser promotion that these guys fled to because they "couldn't make it" in WWE.

You do acknowledge that promoting TNA's own stars is necessary, but you seem to suggest nobody here understands why WWE stars are pushed. We do, but long-term we also know it's not a good thing. WCW parallels are being drawn for a reason.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/MoneyIncChannel
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts? [Lockdown Spoiler]   Your thoughts? [Lockdown Spoiler] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your thoughts? [Lockdown Spoiler]
Page 1 of 1