Meah Wrestling's Official Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meah Wrestling's Official Forums

www.meahwrestling.com

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why bury Mike Tenay?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MoneyInc
MoneyInc

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2008-02-27

Why bury Mike Tenay? Empty
PostSubject: Why bury Mike Tenay?   Why bury Mike Tenay? I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 11:54 pm

Granted, he is the voice of TNA (which on the face of it would be reason enough) but Tenay is one of the better informed commentators out there.

Besides, here's excellent proof that he doesn't suck balls, but someone else DOES!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=YcQT2O8d50M
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/MoneyIncChannel
White Lightning
Admin
White Lightning

Number of posts : 654
Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Why bury Mike Tenay?   Why bury Mike Tenay? I_icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 11:51 am

lol Tenay is a worm. granted he is educated... but he's a tna fanboy lol

dont take it too seriously mate Wink
Back to top Go down
https://meahwrestling.darkbb.com
Bischy
Bischy

Number of posts : 215

PostSubject: Re: Why bury Mike Tenay?   Why bury Mike Tenay? I_icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 10:00 pm

I miss the old Iron Mike of the Nitro days..... Granted, Tenay's really knowledgeable when it comes to wrestling, and a damned sight better than Mike Adamle over on WWECW..... Still, I get the feeling that Tenay's more concerned with keeping his job than trying to provide great commentary.

Although you could sit Coach next to Don West and Coach would come outta it looking like a phenomenal commentator, which just goes to say that West makes anyone look like a good commentator in comparison.

Don West = Madden of wrestling commentary.

Tenay, needs the job, wish he'd swap places with Adamle, then mebbey we'd get to see the old Iron Mike of Nitro's glory days that I miss. But not like Tenay's gonna jump ship to the 'E anytime soon. =(
Back to top Go down
MoneyInc
MoneyInc

PostSubject: Re: Why bury Mike Tenay?   Why bury Mike Tenay? I_icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 11:25 pm

No sweat, White Lightning. I'm not taking it to heart. Just curious what the "Because Mike Tenay sucks balls" bit was all about. As I implied before, being the voice of TNA is reason enough!

And Bischy, you've hit the nail right on the head as to WHY he is a TNA fanboy.
Job security: nothing more, nothing less.

Can't say I blame him. Look at the treatment Jim Ross has received at WWE, and he is considered, bar Gordon Solie, the best play-by-play man in the history of the business.

Think Tenay wants to deal with that?
Back to top Go down
Bischy
Bischy

Number of posts : 215

PostSubject: Re: Why bury Mike Tenay?   Why bury Mike Tenay? I_icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 11:50 pm

Yep, the 'E brings J.R. back and respects him for a few weeks or a month or two at the most, then it's right back to the same old crap treating him like dirt all over again.

Mike Adamle, while potentally a decent guy on commentary, just doesn't know enough about wrestling to really call a match. He keeps botching basic moves, and can't even get wrestlers names or the name of the company or brand right.

And don't even get me started on how the 'E treated Joey Styles, I think Styles jumped at the chance to have a office job over taking all the crap they gave him while he was at the commentary table.

It's a damn shame that the business can't treat their commentators with more respect, these are the guys and gals who need to make a connection with the fans to keep fans interested in the product. If the company constantly hamstrings any creditability their commentators have, how is a commentator suppose to successfully do their job?
Back to top Go down
MoneyInc
MoneyInc

PostSubject: Re: Why bury Mike Tenay?   Why bury Mike Tenay? I_icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 12:10 am

Bischy wrote:
Yep, the 'E brings J.R. back and respects him for a few weeks or a month or two at the most, then it's right back to the same old crap treating him like dirt all over again.

Mike Adamle, while potentally a decent guy on commentary, just doesn't know enough about wrestling to really call a match. He keeps botching basic moves, and can't even get wrestlers names or the name of the company or brand right.

And don't even get me started on how the 'E treated Joey Styles, I think Styles jumped at the chance to have a office job over taking all the crap they gave him while he was at the commentary table.

It's a damn shame that the business can't treat their commentators with more respect, these are the guys and gals who need to make a connection with the fans to keep fans interested in the product. If the company constantly hamstrings any creditability their commentators have, how is a commentator suppose to successfully do their job?

Valid point, but I think only WWE merits that particular criticism. Bischoff didn't really treat his announcers as poorly as McMahon does. Not to say all his decisions in that department were good (Steve McMichael and Mark Madden should never have been allowed anywhere near a commentating booth) or that he didn't misuse them (poor Tony Schiavone, a fairly decent announcer, will go down in history for declaring on Nitro every week that we would be witness to "the greatest night in the history of our sport") but I don't believe his decisions were made vindictively in that department. Heyman gave Styles his big break, and he was a big help in getting over the ECW product. At times he could outshine even Jim Ross.

Ross, whether working for his mentor Bill Watts or for WCW, never had to suffer all the crap he has had to at the hands of Vince McMahon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why bury Mike Tenay?   Why bury Mike Tenay? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why bury Mike Tenay?
Page 1 of 1