Meah Wrestling's Official Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meah Wrestling's Official Forums

www.meahwrestling.com

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

THQ announce new WWE Legends game!!!!!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
White Lightning
Admin
White Lightning

Number of posts : 654
Registration date : 2008-02-23

THQ announce new WWE Legends game!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: THQ announce new WWE Legends game!!!!!!   THQ announce new WWE Legends game!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 1:12 pm

Prepare to Relive, Rewrite or Redefine History with WWE(R) Legends of WrestleMania(R)

AGOURA HILLS, Calif. - (Business Wire) THQ Inc. (NASDAQ:THQI) and JAKKS Pacific, Inc. (NASDAQ:JAKK) today announced that WWE® Legends of WrestleMania® is currently in development for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system. Joining the distinguished WWE® SmackDown®/SmackDown vs. Raw® franchise, which has shipped more than 37 million units worldwide since 2000, WWE Legends of WrestleMania is scheduled for release in March 2009 to coincide with the annual pinnacle of sports entertainment, WrestleMania® 25, in Houston, Texas.

"We have generated significant year-over-year growth in key global territories with WWE-licensed videogames, including tremendous success with the WWE SmackDown vs. Raw franchise," said Peter Matiss, vice president, global brand management, THQ. "The development capabilities afforded by next generation hardware, combined with our established history and deep understanding of fighting videogames, allow us to leverage the strength of the WWE brand to further extend our leadership in the fighting videogame genre and bring this new property to market."

"JAKKS Pacific is pleased to introduce a new WWE videogame property to the fighting genre," said Nelo Lucich, senior vice president of interactive, JAKKS Pacific. "The WWE SmackDown vs. Raw franchise has captured a collective audience of WWE fans, game enthusiasts and casual players, and we are confident that WWE Legends of WrestleMania will be poised for great success."
Back to top Go down
https://meahwrestling.darkbb.com
chiefstrongbow
Admin
chiefstrongbow

Number of posts : 595
Registration date : 2008-02-24

PostSubject: Re: THQ announce new WWE Legends game!!!!!!   THQ announce new WWE Legends game!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 1:47 pm

fuckin awesome
Back to top Go down
http://www.meahvideos.co.nr
Blaustifft
Admin
Blaustifft

Number of posts : 421

PostSubject: Re: THQ announce new WWE Legends game!!!!!!   THQ announce new WWE Legends game!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 4:07 pm

sounds great!
Back to top Go down
White Lightning
Admin
White Lightning

PostSubject: Re: THQ announce new WWE Legends game!!!!!!   THQ announce new WWE Legends game!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 4:54 pm

I hope they use a whole new game engine. Change the dynamic totally.
This is awesome for 2 reasons... 1. New Wrestling game featuring LEGENDS ONLY and 2. Looks like WWE are gonna go all out for marketing WrestleMania 25!
Back to top Go down
Blaustifft
Admin
Blaustifft

PostSubject: Re: THQ announce new WWE Legends game!!!!!!   THQ announce new WWE Legends game!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 5:54 pm

deffo, its part of the smackdown series it says but i hope its not the same engine like you say. it should be its own engine and a totally different look. every wrestlemania arena should be included i reckon, inc. WM 25
Back to top Go down
White Lightning
Admin
White Lightning

PostSubject: Re: THQ announce new WWE Legends game!!!!!!   THQ announce new WWE Legends game!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 6:13 pm

been trolling around various sites and cant get no info at all. this is great news. cant wait Smile
Back to top Go down
Bischy
Bischy

Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2008-02-27

PostSubject: Re: THQ announce new WWE Legends game!!!!!!   THQ announce new WWE Legends game!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 10:10 pm

I want the option to change the ring gear for the diff gimmicks! Like how many times has 'Taker had a diff gimmick/ring entrance for Mania? Would own if at least some of the more memorable/legendary ring attire/entrances were included for each of the superstars in game.
Back to top Go down
Blaustifft
Admin
Blaustifft

PostSubject: Re: THQ announce new WWE Legends game!!!!!!   THQ announce new WWE Legends game!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 1:57 am

good idea that Bischy, then you could truly re-create each wrestlemania main event authentically.

I just wonder what they will do the following year, in 2010. if they include all wrestlers from previous 'mania's and the arenas, there will only be the roster of WM 25 to include, of which im sure a lot will already be included.

with the smackdown games you can do quite a lot to change it, itll be interesting to see how a series unfolds
Back to top Go down
White Lightning
Admin
White Lightning

PostSubject: Re: THQ announce new WWE Legends game!!!!!!   THQ announce new WWE Legends game!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 5:35 pm

Wanna know what would totally own? If they included classic WCW arenas. No hope though, but it would be awesome

I think its time to make up a dream roster for the game Very Happy
Back to top Go down
White Lightning
Admin
White Lightning

PostSubject: Re: THQ announce new WWE Legends game!!!!!!   THQ announce new WWE Legends game!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 4:05 pm

Jim Ross wrote this in his blog concerning the game :

I did not solely create the idea of the WWE Legends Video Game, but thru the Legend’s Program that I did help launch, the video game concept was an idea I floated around the WWE about 10 years ago. It was akin to always wondering what it would be like for, say, Roger Clemens pitching to Mickey Mantle in a baseball video game. Now wrestling fans will be able to book some amazing dream matches with many of the greats that will be featured on the Legends Video Game. Yes, some old timers won’t want to be a part of the process, but what can one do? Those veterans who want to help other old timers who did not plan for their future or drank their future away, etc would be well served to be a part of the video game and donate their earnings to those more needy, if that was there mindset. At least the Austin vs. Hogan match could be booked on the Legends Video Game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THQ announce new WWE Legends game!!!!!!   THQ announce new WWE Legends game!!!!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THQ announce new WWE Legends game!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Meah Wrestling's Official Forums :: Random Balls-
Jump to: