Meah Wrestling's Official Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meah Wrestling's Official Forums

www.meahwrestling.com

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favourite film and why

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Blaustifft
Admin
Blaustifft

Number of posts : 421
Registration date : 2008-02-24

Favourite film and why Empty
PostSubject: Favourite film and why   Favourite film and why I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 4:33 am

Favourite film and why 244zjwl

Personally I have to go with Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls. Jim Carrey is an absolute comedy legend in my opinion, his physical comedy is second to none, he's one of my favouite actors of all time.

I've loved this film ever since I was a wee nipper and pretty much know every line off by heart. It's one of them that just never gets old, I'm in tears every time I watch it because I forget JUST how funny it is!

From a critics point of view the film is dogshite, the narrative is very one dimensional as are the characters. Each joke is more irrelevant and childish than the last.

I was a film student at college btw so I feel I have to give my "expert" opinion and show both sides lol.

But basically I have the humour of a child at times and I just love this movie, it's bloody hilarious!

What's everyone else's favourite film(s)?
Back to top Go down
chiefstrongbow
Admin
chiefstrongbow

Number of posts : 595

PostSubject: Re: Favourite film and why   Favourite film and why I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 7:37 pm

i dont know if i havent a fav film....but one i think is fuckin awesome is...RAGING BULL...just a cracking film....if you havent seen this then check it out...
Back to top Go down
http://www.meahvideos.co.nr
Blaustifft
Admin
Blaustifft

PostSubject: Re: Favourite film and why   Favourite film and why I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 7:44 pm

robert de niro as a boxer, i had to study parts of that film lol. has joe pesci in aswell doesn't it? not seen it all like
Back to top Go down
chiefstrongbow
Admin
chiefstrongbow

PostSubject: Re: Favourite film and why   Favourite film and why I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 8:28 pm

yes he's in it to.....good movie......The Godfather trilogy is awesome aswell
Back to top Go down
Blaustifft
Admin
Blaustifft

PostSubject: Re: Favourite film and why   Favourite film and why I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 8:45 pm

ur gona hate me for this but id herd all the hype about the godfather n borrowed it off a mate in college. i got through about an hour n i was bored shitless, i got only about 10 mins past the horses head int bead bit n turned it off.

same happened wi lord of the rings, got bored after an hour so turned it off
Back to top Go down
Bischy
Bischy

Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2008-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Favourite film and why   Favourite film and why I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 9:07 pm

My fave films, well there's lots of movies I like, but some I can watch anytime and never get tired of would be The Princess Bride, Sam Rami's Evil Dead trilogy, and Serenity.

Princess Bride because of all the great lines. The swordfight on top of the cliffs of insanity, best fight scene ever.

Evil Dead 1 &2 and Army of Darkness, because of all the cheap effects and the overacting of Bruce Campbell. If those films had any other person as their star they'd be just typical second-rate horror flicks, but Campbell elevates 'em through his fine art of being so great at pulling off the hammy bad overacting.

Serenity, well I'm a Firefly-fangirl. For those of you who are unfamiliar, think of it as a group of space pirates who won't loose sleep over salvaging anything useful or of monatary value off wrecks that have been left dead in space, but are also quick to help out the little guy. Especally if helping the little guy means they get to stick it to the large central goverment known as 'The Alliance'.

It was done so well though, I loved the scene where Mal goes to the companion home to rescue Inarra, and he has his first run-in with the Operative.

Operative: "I've come here to talk, I'm unarmed..."
Mal: "Good." *draws gun and shoots the Operative*
Operative: "I am of course wearing full body armor, I am not an idiot!"

That was great, finally someone does the smart thing in a film and shoots his enemy while their unarmed, and the enemy wasn't stupid enough to go into the confrontation without armor. I didn't need to yell about how dumb they were at the screen, because finally someone acted like most of us would act in such a situation. Just one example of how well written Joss Whedon allows his characters to be, they act like normal people in a world that's anything but.
Back to top Go down
chiefstrongbow
Admin
chiefstrongbow

PostSubject: Re: Favourite film and why   Favourite film and why I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 9:44 pm

i know what u mean about the godfather films, there not everyone's cup of tea......one film i think everyone like's and is a personal fav of mine is.....SCARFACE....awesome

Favourite film and why Scarface_bigboxart
Back to top Go down
Blaustifft
Admin
Blaustifft

PostSubject: Re: Favourite film and why   Favourite film and why I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 9:48 pm

"say hello to my liddle friend"
Back to top Go down
chiefstrongbow
Admin
chiefstrongbow

PostSubject: Re: Favourite film and why   Favourite film and why I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 9:50 pm

"you fuck with me, you fuckin wif the best"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favourite film and why   Favourite film and why I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favourite film and why
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Meah Wrestling's Official Forums :: Films-
Jump to: