Meah Wrestling's Official Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meah Wrestling's Official Forums

www.meahwrestling.com

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WWE SmackDown! vs Raw 2009

Go down 
+2
Scott4Wrestling
Blaustifft
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Blaustifft
Admin
Blaustifft

Number of posts : 421
Registration date : 2008-02-24

WWE SmackDown! vs Raw 2009 Empty
PostSubject: WWE SmackDown! vs Raw 2009   WWE SmackDown! vs Raw 2009 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 2:42 am

Now I know it's ridiculously early peeps, but i was just browsing the old Wikipedia, and despite it not being a realiable source for information as anyone can edit the site, i searched for next years SvR game and found this:

According to this there's going to be a "groundbreaking" new feature and will have the game series' largest ever roster.

I hope the roster is larger than before, for once it should include EVERY currently active wrestler on each brand. On the current SvR game you can't have accurate tag team champions up to date as cody n holly aren't on their and also neither is the Miz.

Hopefully this topic will get bigger and bigger as the year progresses. Just leave your thoughts on what you believe is required to make the game the best ever and not just another sequel like all the rest have been.
Back to top Go down
Scott4Wrestling
Scott4Wrestling

Number of posts : 137

PostSubject: Re: WWE SmackDown! vs Raw 2009   WWE SmackDown! vs Raw 2009 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 10:42 am

looking foward to the game butwill have 2 end up getting new console i only have the ps2
Back to top Go down
http://www.rave2u.co.uk
chiefstrongbow
Admin
chiefstrongbow

Number of posts : 595

PostSubject: Re: WWE SmackDown! vs Raw 2009   WWE SmackDown! vs Raw 2009 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 4:49 pm

they need to do something to spice this up abit...SvR has been goin for far to long it needs a change
Back to top Go down
http://www.meahvideos.co.nr
Blaustifft
Admin
Blaustifft

PostSubject: Re: WWE SmackDown! vs Raw 2009   WWE SmackDown! vs Raw 2009 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 5:00 pm

one change i want is so small its scary, just put a fuckin left footed sharpshooter in there people! bret hart doing a right footed one as he always does in SvR just looks TNGay!!

Spend more time on the season mode, lose 24/7 its dogshite, as is GM mode imo, so easy to cheat it. Revert back to the old "SD!: Shut Your Mouth" type season mode where you just fight every week without the BS training weeks in between.

Make it last more than a year! add more storylines that arnt the same for EVERY wrestler, created or not.

Revamp the moves and glitches completely, some moves have remained the same since the first smackdown game.

Add new commentary, don't just use the same script as they do every year and just use a different voice. Do what RAW have been doing recently and use commentary sparingly. JR said on his website that they are using it more sparingly so that the viewers can get a better feel of the audience and the arena.

More to come!!
Back to top Go down
Bischy
Bischy

Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2008-02-27

PostSubject: Re: WWE SmackDown! vs Raw 2009   WWE SmackDown! vs Raw 2009 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 5:06 pm

Add in an option to replace commentary with random music like what they have in the menus. You can only hear the same canned commentary repeated so many times before you'd like nothing more than to roll out of the ring and knock the commentators out just so they'll shut up.

I'm glad that the 08 X-Box 360 version had the ability to import in your own custom music files to be used in the create a entrance mode. Now just extend that to the PS3 next year and add in the ability to drop your own video in to be used as well.
Back to top Go down
chiefstrongbow
Admin
chiefstrongbow

PostSubject: Re: WWE SmackDown! vs Raw 2009   WWE SmackDown! vs Raw 2009 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 6:12 pm

the video idea is good.....
Back to top Go down
Chazmaniac

Number of posts : 69

PostSubject: Re: WWE SmackDown! vs Raw 2009   WWE SmackDown! vs Raw 2009 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 1:50 pm

Blaustifft wrote:

Add new commentary, don't just use the same script as they do every year and just use a different voice. Do what RAW have been doing recently and use commentary sparingly. JR said on his website that they are using it more sparingly so that the viewers can get a better feel of the audience and the arena.

More to come!!

LOL i can see the smackdown arenas, Coach will just copy JBL's lines just as he copied Tazz xD
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/ChazmaniacGeneration
Blaustifft
Admin
Blaustifft

PostSubject: Re: WWE SmackDown! vs Raw 2009   WWE SmackDown! vs Raw 2009 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 7:15 pm

thats just it dude, its so lazy
Back to top Go down
White Lightning
Admin
White Lightning

Number of posts : 654
Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: WWE SmackDown! vs Raw 2009   WWE SmackDown! vs Raw 2009 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 8:47 pm

my main problem with the latest smackdown games is the fact that it seems like a fucking chimp has written the storylines year after year. Its always the same old bollocks. Like mentioned above, they need to create proper LONG storylines which are dedicated to who you choose. Such as if you were to pick HHH. your storyline would be about reforming Evolution... if you pick HBK the story would be about setting up another screwjob, if you pick ric flair the story would evolve around career threatening matches. It would be nice to play different careers every single time.

Another idea I brought up (to myself) ages ago would be super finishing moves... like for the cost of 3 loaded special slots.. you could do an uber-awesome version of your finisher, with insane camera angles, cool screen effects and all that balls. but seeing as they have done away with storing finishers that probably wont happen.

I WANNA SEE THE FUCKING SIDE TRONS TOO!!! You ever noticed on the old raw set theres the titantron then the two smaller screens at each side? Notice how these play little looped videos when a wrestler is coming to the ring? WHY NOT ADD THAT!?!??!

Theres so much more i could cry about
Back to top Go down
https://meahwrestling.darkbb.com
Bischy
Bischy

PostSubject: Re: WWE SmackDown! vs Raw 2009   WWE SmackDown! vs Raw 2009 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 3:09 am

I know what you're talking about with the side trons, and it'd be nice to see those used along with the background tron on SD. But 09 will prolly go with the crappy HD tron setup.
Back to top Go down
chiefstrongbow
Admin
chiefstrongbow

PostSubject: Re: WWE SmackDown! vs Raw 2009   WWE SmackDown! vs Raw 2009 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 2:49 pm

needs a whole new look...
Back to top Go down
Blaustifft
Admin
Blaustifft

PostSubject: Re: WWE SmackDown! vs Raw 2009   WWE SmackDown! vs Raw 2009 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 6:35 am

HUGE SVR '09 news ppl!

Link: http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/862/862459p1.html
Heres the jist, read the full thing on the link.

1. more focus on tag teams including a tag team storymode that you can do as co-op with a mate (AWESOME news that)
2. Create-A-Finisher mode
3. Downloadable content for 360 and PS3

Chris Jericho, Jeff Hardy, Matt Hardy, Randy Orton, Mr. Kennedy, Undertaker and John Cena are confirmed to be in the game

Check this out - Trailer
Back to top Go down
chiefstrongbow
Admin
chiefstrongbow

PostSubject: Re: WWE SmackDown! vs Raw 2009   WWE SmackDown! vs Raw 2009 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 12:20 am

it looks good......good idea bringing the tag teams into it more
Back to top Go down
Bischy
Bischy

PostSubject: Re: WWE SmackDown! vs Raw 2009   WWE SmackDown! vs Raw 2009 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 12:45 am

They better have Jessie and Festus in '09, there's my pick for SD season tag team co-op. I'd prolly go with Londrick for a Raw season co-op. Miz and Morrison for ECW, assuming they bother putting Miz in the game instead of forgetting like they forgot to with the '08 roster. Had to CAW Miz out just to get the current SD tag champs.
Back to top Go down
Blaustifft
Admin
Blaustifft

PostSubject: Re: WWE SmackDown! vs Raw 2009   WWE SmackDown! vs Raw 2009 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 2:49 am

i just made myself n my mate both sets of tag champs lol
Back to top Go down
White Lightning
Admin
White Lightning

PostSubject: Re: WWE SmackDown! vs Raw 2009   WWE SmackDown! vs Raw 2009 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 12:31 pm

gives me an idea this...

we should have a CAW forum

on a sidenote... when it mentioned "Tag Team Finishers" on the SD09 Trailer... I couldnt help but remember WCW Revenge for the n64. when Myself and the Chief used to tag up, we would usually pick Benoit and Bret Hart, our finisher was a sharpshooter followed by the diving headbutt. kinda obvious but if was awesome when pulled off with just the right timing. god I love that game.
Back to top Go down
White Lightning
Admin
White Lightning

PostSubject: Re: WWE SmackDown! vs Raw 2009   WWE SmackDown! vs Raw 2009 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 12:37 pm

sorry to double post but heres a video looking at create a finisher mode

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=BPl22yZLcMs
Back to top Go down
chiefstrongbow
Admin
chiefstrongbow

PostSubject: Re: WWE SmackDown! vs Raw 2009   WWE SmackDown! vs Raw 2009 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 4:39 pm

revenge..........those where days
Back to top Go down
Blaustifft
Admin
Blaustifft

PostSubject: Re: WWE SmackDown! vs Raw 2009   WWE SmackDown! vs Raw 2009 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 5:56 pm

cheers for that create-a-finisher vid white lightning, im so buzzed you can create the cradle piledriver!
Back to top Go down
Bischy
Bischy

PostSubject: Re: WWE SmackDown! vs Raw 2009   WWE SmackDown! vs Raw 2009 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 9:03 pm

hopefully I'll be able to create the "Beautiful Destruction' - Bulldogging Cobra Clutch, Rag doll Cobra Clutch Submission upon impact with the ground, mat, etc. This move can be enhanced by using a rod, pole, or any other slender object to wedge in between your grip and the opponent's neck.

It's the submission finisher I like to use for one of my CAW's in e-fedding.
Back to top Go down
White Lightning
Admin
White Lightning

PostSubject: Re: WWE SmackDown! vs Raw 2009   WWE SmackDown! vs Raw 2009 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 10:42 am

if they let you emulate taking a shit on the opponent then meah videos will hail this game superbly superb

seriously... create a finisher looks 10 times better than create a taunt. remember that bollocks? anything you wanted specificly would always look like a twitch. looked fucking dire.

cant imagine some of the finishers I could come up with but one thing im not looking forward to is seeing online noobs pull off finishers which take up the whole 10 frames. long, boring moves that would make us want to disconnect like noobs.
Back to top Go down
Bischy
Bischy

PostSubject: Re: WWE SmackDown! vs Raw 2009   WWE SmackDown! vs Raw 2009 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 2:03 pm

-shrugs- All my create a taunts were nothing more than trying to see how many diffrent ways I could give my opponent the bird so it never really mattered to me.
Back to top Go down
chiefstrongbow
Admin
chiefstrongbow

PostSubject: Re: WWE SmackDown! vs Raw 2009   WWE SmackDown! vs Raw 2009 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 2:52 pm

hopefully this new smackdown will be better than the recent one's
Back to top Go down
White Lightning
Admin
White Lightning

PostSubject: Re: WWE SmackDown! vs Raw 2009   WWE SmackDown! vs Raw 2009 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 2:12 pm

UPDATE (Holy shit... have THQ been reading my posts?)

In an interview with GamingRing.com, THQ stated that they are doing a number of tweaks and improvements to many of the match types in Smackdown vs Raw 2009 including the Hell in the Cell match. Also, the brand new story mode called "Road to Wrestlemania" will only last 3 months but will have separate storylines for each wrestler on the game.

fuckin hell lol... check back a few posts
Back to top Go down
Blaustifft
Admin
Blaustifft

PostSubject: Re: WWE SmackDown! vs Raw 2009   WWE SmackDown! vs Raw 2009 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 4:06 pm

road to wrestlemania 3 months???
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WWE SmackDown! vs Raw 2009   WWE SmackDown! vs Raw 2009 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next